What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for an rv-8 front seat ride

walkman

Well Known Member
Considering changing rides and looking for the opportunity to fly an -8. Anybody in the SE with an -8 willing to let me drive?

Farm Boy Bonanza Owner considering switch

Everyone keeps telling me that a RV8 is perfect. I have a beautiful Debonair that I don't keep busy anymore. Thinking of selling it and find the RV8 fascinating. I'm 6'3" and 265 lbs. Will it work? Anyone in the Greenville, SC area have one that would ge willing to give a ride? Many thanks!

Rob

Everyone keeps telling me that a RV8 is perfect. I have a beautiful Debonair that I don't keep busy anymore. Thinking of selling it and find the RV8 fascinating. I'm 6'3" and 265 lbs. Will it work? Anyone in the Greenville, SC area have one that would ge willing to give a ride? Many thanks!

Rob

Hi Rob...sounds like we came out of similar molds. I'm something like 6'3" or 4", and I'm saddened to admit that I'm sitting right at 255 or so these days. Turns out I'm not 25 any more...anyway, from my test-sit in the front of an -8, I found it to be surprisingly roomy. Lots of legroom if you adjust the pedals forward. I think my biggest concern was canopy clearance; I had to duck a little to slide it shut, but once it was closed I was able to sit upright without hitting my head. Good thing I just picked up a QT Halo...the last thing I need is extra stuff on top of my head in tight spaces!

Anyway, take heart, you should fit fine. Be careful about sitting in one though...it took me about 15 seconds in there to start daydreaming about seeing open sky in front of me instead of a hangar wall. :)

Back