What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

mechanical spar switch

PMLviator

I just installed the mechanical push button spar pin switch. KAI (31B-10 step 5 rev 1) says to use as many AN526C832R8 washers as needed between the pin switch plate and the flange of the F-1248 Arm Rest. I had to use six washers on each screw for spacing, is this the norm?

Leon,

You're probably one of the first guys to use the new design, so there may not be much info out there for comparison. That probably accounts for the lack of forum response.

Rich

There really is no "normal" so to speak. The amount of washers may vary plane to plane (even left side to right side). It's all about getting the switch in a position where it will be depressed by the pin handle when the pin is properly installed and captured. You gotta do what you gotta do....

Thanks Rich an Justin,
I misquoted a AN-8/32 screw, it's actually six NAS1149FN832P washers on each screw.

Which is a #8 (AN960-8) washer.

I just installed the mechanical push button spar pin switch. KAI (31B-10 step 5 rev 1) says to use as many AN526C832R8 washers as needed between the pin switch plate and the flange of the F-1248 Arm Rest. I had to use six washers on each screw for spacing, is this the norm?

I also found six (x 4 = 24) washers to be necessary for proper spacing. Hope this helps out the next guy.

Back