What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skyview Problem

JBHansen

In the process of installing dual Dkyview HDX. I am getting a message 'Skyview Network Connection Fault - Data 2 Pair (Pins 4 & 8)'. At the same time, Skyview is not detecting my two AP servos nor the Adahrs. Any ideas would help.

You'll want to ring out your serial/network cables for proper continuity and make sure you don't have recessed pins in any connectors. If both screens are showing the same error, look for a common connection to start troubleshooting.

Last edited:
I have seen this problem with a bad auto pilot servo, but usually it is a network cable that is not working correctly. Go into the settings and then to network status and see what devices are showing the fault. This should help you figure out where the problem is.

Had same issue

Start here. Check the pin locations in the AHARs. I had them wrong. Once put in the correct locations all three will be detected if the rest of the wiring is correct. Can?t for the life of me figure out why I had them in the wrong locations, but I did.

I would like to thank the persons who replied to my post. It did turn out that the adahrs was wired incorrectly. It is now up and looking very happy Now on to the ap servos that have not been detected either.
Thanks again.

If the network does not recognize the autopilot servos then there may be a problem with the servo wiring. Pin out both harnesses for correct wiring. The autopilot calibration and servo test function will not be enabled unless BOTH SERVOS are recognized. I had this problem, and it turned out to be a faulty (new) pitch servo. Dynon happily replaced the servo and I was back in business.

I would like to thank the persons who replied to my post. It did turn out that the adahrs was wired incorrectly. It is now up and looking very happy Now on to the ap servos that have not been detected either.
Thanks again.

JB,

Confirm you have provided 12v to the AP servos from your main bus. They cannot be powered by the serial network, as are the AHRS.

I have verfied 12v to the servos using the Vans wiring harnesses. They are stilool not showing in the Skyview Network Setup.

When I had my pitch servo not being detected I removed the servo from it's location and plugged it directly into the Skyview display using a known good cable. This proved the fault was in the servo and not the wiring. Dynon replaced the servo and the problem was resolved.

My fault finding approach is unsophisticated, I prove each component in the chain one item at a time until the fault is isolated. Then I replace or fix the item that has been proven to contain the fault. Works for me every time.

Good luck 😊

Back