What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Found My RV On-Line - In a Flight Sim???

Peter.Fruehling

Well Known Member
Hey guys I thought you would get a kick out of this. A friend of mine in Germany sent me some images he found on-line of a plane that looks VERY familiar.

They got my tail number right but some of the details are a little off...like the roll over structure color and the steps on the side of a taildragger and of course the panel but hey, it's not bad. It's a little spooky that they even got the antenna positions dead on. Heck, I might buy X-Plane just so I can fly my own RV.

I'm flattered they liked it but at least they could have put me in the pilot's seat. (Funny!)

dny444.jpg

r8b5m8.jpg

bx64z.jpg

28b67on.jpg

Here is my actual plane in case you couldn't tell the difference. :D

wtc9ib.jpg

Last edited:
Your RV7

That is actually a paint scheme for the Baytower RV7. It only works in MS Flight Sim - not in X-Plane. Dave (I think!) Maher is doing the design, and is very dedicatec to duplicating the -7 as closely as can be done in a flight sim. Check www.baytower.ca

That's very cool! I've always wanted someone to do my 6A for FSX. I did have one of those Factory Direct Models done of it. I'll try and post a couple of pics of it with my plane tonight...I highly recommend them, they did an awesome job of replicating my "Miss Linny".

There's some other guys doing re-paints of Danny's RV-7 model...paint is easy, but the little details like inlets are not so easy to change and require a change to the actual 3D model and textures. In reality, it can take as many, if not more manhours to construct and tune one of these models as it does a real aircraft!

Danny's graphics for these simulated airplanes, is something that needs to be seen in three dimensions (as in the sim). The skins, and especially the look and relections between ribs look very real. They're good artwork, even if you don't use flight sims.

L.Adamon

I wish someone would add an RV to X-Plane for the iPad... Every time I get an update I go look, but there's never one there... :p

Great paint job

I think that is the best paint job I have seen. May I ask who designed it? Can I steal it for mine?:rolleyes:

Back