What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Slider Canopy

Darrell

Many moons ago a fellow by the name of John Cone wrote some very good articles for the Tri State Wing of Van's Air Force on how to build the slider canopy for the RV-6. The 6 and 7 slider is almost identical. I am at that point on my RV-7. Of course my frame does not fit worth diddley. I have been searching on the web for his articles, but it appears all the old links have died. Does anyone have access to these articles? Please e-mail me at [email protected]. I will try to post it on my web site FirebirdAviation.com for all to use since this is probalely the most difficult and nerve racking thing to accomplish on the slider 6 and 7.
Darrell [email protected]

Jim Cone

Yes, I believe his name was Jim Cone. He wrote some excellent articles for that newsletter. He built an RV-6A which was destroyed in a tornado, then built another one, and just recently built an RV-7A. I believe he retired and moved to the northwest (Washington or Oregon?), and I believe he also just posted a FOR SALE on his RV-7A because of health problems. I don't have the links to the articles and hope you can find and post them.
Don Hull

Jim Cone Articles

Found Jim's web site. Looks like he built some very nice airplanes. If I was buying rather than building...

However, I didn't find any references to the articles on slider installation. Has anyone else found the links???

Terry

Fitting a sliding canopy

There was an excellent article in the RVator newsletter about 2 years ago that was very informative on fitting & installing a slider.

Back