- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 02-12-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthX Lithium View Post
Hi Crabandy,

Please note, the over voltage protection on the Plane Power is for the alternator to be shut down. The battery would continue to work and run the EBUS until you deplete all the energy in the battery, same as a lead acid battery. For example, the ETX680 has 12.4Ah of energy. If your over voltage protection is activated due to a failed regulator, you are then on battery power only to operate your equipment. If you use 12 amps an hour, you need to find a place to land in an hours time. If you use 24 amps an hour, you need to find a place to land in a 1/2 hour. Hope this clarifies things.
Hi Kathy, I believe I just spoke to you on the phone about chargers for my EarthX. Thanks for answering all my questions!
I understand the battery is designed to provide power as rated after an Overvoltage event, it is a new system added to the airplane and thinking through Murphy’s law. I also have thought through the same senario with my lead acid battery. I really can’t wait to hit the starter button with my new EarthX!
Old 02-12-2018, 09:56 PM

Hooking up the EarthX fault wire couldn't have been easier thanks to their excellent manual. 1 wire to a discreet input into the G3X, I temporarily grounded the wire to test the annunciation as it doesn't display if there isn't a fault. Note the red "BATT FAULT" in addition to other alarms on the PFD:

Old 02-13-2018, 09:49 AM

Default Bend Raidus

Just looking at the bend radius looks a little tight, don't have my old books but thought it was 3 times the thickness of the metal. Also edge of the metal looks rough which can cause a crack at the bend. Just a thought.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:43 PM

Andy,

Your thread gives me hope of doing this some day. Love the tech in your plane, and the detail you shared through your building process. Darn you, Photobucket!

I hope Pie is doing well. As a father of 2 under the age of 3 reading about her diagnosis and hospital stay was gut-wrenching.