What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any PIREPS on FlightBox ADS-B yet?

phenominal

The flight box is a great solution. works great

I use FlyQ and it dials in perfectly.

One of my neighbors, Eddie Booth has one he recently put together. Very sharp and well designed unit. He has said it worked very well.

Any comments on mounting yet?(RV7) I've tried a couple: Mount on top of glare shield. Mount using velcro to the side of the baggage compartment, but the two antennas only stick up to just about the top lip of the canopy so Not sure if I'm getting an adequate signal. I do see that OPENFLIGHTSOLUTIONS is coming up with a "REMOTE KIT" in a few weeks so I'll have to see what that is all about.

I'd ultimately like it all remote mounted with external antennas if that would be the absolute best.

One of my friends got the duel band and we tested it with my iPad & ForeFlight. On the ground it was picking up the same info that my $900 Stratus 2 does in flight.

The only thing that I could see that the Stratus had that it did not was a built in battery.

Any comments on mounting yet?(RV7) I've tried a couple: Mount on top of glare shield. Mount using velcro to the side of the baggage compartment, but the two antennas only stick up to just about the top lip of the canopy so Not sure if I'm getting an adequate signal. I do see that OPENFLIGHTSOLUTIONS is coming up with a "REMOTE KIT" in a few weeks so I'll have to see what that is all about.

I'd ultimately like it all remote mounted with external antennas if that would be the absolute best.

For external antenna you can just use a transponder antenna. See this old thread for info.

I thought the GDL-39 will only pair with a device running Garmin Pilot software and vice-versa. No other options.

Back