What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

"My Tracks" for Android

jjhoneck

Well Known Member
Here's a cool free app available for Android, called "My Tracks". For the heck of it, I downloaded it onto my Nexus 7 tablet Friday, turned it on -- and promptly forgot about it.

At the bar tonight, watching the Packer game, I saw the icon in the active apps, and wondered "WTH?". I clicked on it, and -- lo and behold -- it had been faithfully recording my every move for 48 hours!

This included 450+ miles of flying, to Lake Jackson, Brenham, and Ingleside, Texas. You can't see it from the pictures, below, but you can zoom in to the street level, and see where I drove into various parking lots, and even -- using the satellite view -- you can see the individual BUILDINGS that I went in, including my own hangar! It is really, really cool.

On the recap page (not shown) it shows your average speed, top speed, length of time traveled, etc. It is very, very comprehensive for a free app!

It's available on the Google Play Store. For free.

Here's the Google Maps view:
1499654_621187194583845_592999333_n.jpg

Here's the satellite view:
1536507_621116994590865_1242281393_n.jpg

This app ran completely unnoticed in the background, without impeding the operation of Garmin Pilot -- or any thing else. Because of its completely unobtrusive nature, I will be using this on every flight from now on! :)

I looked to see if this is available for Ipad, and it appears it is. Just wondering if it is the same. there are 2 free apps for Ipad by Dirk Stiching.

do you know did the Android apps?

Back