What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy Static Cling Window Tint/Sunshade

Latintan

Well Known Member
There has been some interest regarding the pictures I posted with the dark "sunshade/window tint" on my RV6A. I've taken some close-ups to show a few more details. It is not easy to take pictures of this due to space constraints.
As mentioned before, I did not do this so I can't speak for the skill set. It appears to have been done by a professional. However, I have seen complex curves done (and I have limited personal experience) and it is almost for certain that the tint was placed, trimmed and cut wile on the outside and they placed on the inside. You can see that the tint has lateral slices cut-in that allow it to conform to the curvature of the canopy. In the end, it really looks nice and is quite effective in keeping the Florida sun out of the top while providing visibility. The person who did this also placed a very nice matching pinstripe on the outside of the canopy to finish the edge of the tint, providing a very nice transition from the tint to the clear. The tint is static cling and can be easily removed. This was a very good idea somebody had. No damage to the plexiglass, no permanent adhesives.

Back