What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Electric Elevator trim

rwarre

Well Known Member
Installing electric elevator trim on my 7A. Removed the manual trim got and have the kit from Vans. I have the trim servo temporarily mounted to the access plate, but I cannot fit the whole business in the elevator hole. I have a small area ⅛ inch on one corner that prevents the servo and channel support from clearing the opening. My plan is the remove material to fix this but trying to decide whether to do it on the elevator doubler plate on the channel support. Any opinions?

Trim servo

It goes in but like a puzzle. Takes me forever to get it in the right spot then it slides right in. Not sure if yours is the same though.

Like Larry Said

On my -9, I had the same kind of trouble getting it to fit. From memory there was the edge of one nutplate that was in the way. I gave up in frustration, passed it to my wife, and within nanoseconds she was beaming at me with a "that wasn't so hard look" on her face. Just twist & wriggle it around different ways and it should go in.

On mine the inside edge of all the nutplates stuck out into the hole, so I ground them off a little bit for more clearance.

Even after that, I remember having to get it in the right position to get it to wiggle in.

If I remember correctly, I just did some minor grinding on the mounting bracket to fit. It is a bit tricky, but works.

On mine the inside edge of all the nutplates stuck out into the hole, so I ground them off a little bit for more clearance.

Even after that, I remember having to get it in the right position to get it to wiggle in.

Same thing for me. Just mounted mine in my 9A yesterday.

Back