What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GMU11/GSU25

Blizzard

Can the GMU11 and the GSU25 be mounted next to each other? Handy prefabricated brackets for each in the fuselage but seems they share the same bulkhead. If I plan on moving the GMU11 to the wingtip is their going to be a problem with interference from the Zip Tip III strobes?

Thanks

GMU 11 Location

Can the GMU11 and the GSU25 be mounted next to each other? Handy prefabricated brackets for each in the fuselage but seems they share the same bulkhead. If I plan on moving the GMU11 to the wingtip is their going to be a problem with interference from the Zip Tip III strobes?

Thanks

Good Morning,

You will want to make sure the strobe lights are not grounded to airframe in the vicinity of the GMU 11, as well as route the GMU 11 wiring as far away as feasibly possible from the strobe light and pitot tube heat power wiring.

Thanks,

Justin

Good Morning,

You will want to make sure the strobe lights are not grounded to airframe in the vicinity of the GMU 11, as well as route the GMU 11 wiring as far away as feasibly possible from the strobe light and pitot tube heat power wiring.

Thanks,

Justin

Hi Justin,
Do you think the GMU 11 could be mounted right beside the GSU 25 in the tailcone? Vans sells a AHRS mount and I was wondering if there would be interference if the GMU 11 was mounted on top of the bracket and the GSU 25 mounted underneath the bracket with the pitot-static lines pointing down.
Thanks,
Scott

G5 too?

If you are also using a G5, than you might want to mount the GSU 25 near the G5 since they both use static and pitot sources.

Can the GMU11 and the GSU25 be mounted next to each other?

Good timing. Was in process of installing my GMU11 yesterday. In the process, I learned from another builder to NOT permanently install the GMU11 until you are able to run the interference test as outlined by Garmin in the document link below. You can run the test while moving the GMU11 around to see if you are getting interference. This will allow you to see for yourself if the GSU25 creates a problem for you.

Accordning to my friend, a little bit of movement (inches) can make a difference in "pass/fail" results. Since I don't have my wings or elevators on right now, decided to wait until later to install GMU11. You will need all these components fully functional to run the test properly.

The test requires you to make a cable and to download software to a Windows based PC.

http://static.garmin.com/pumac/190-01051-00_C.pdf

Back