What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skyview HDX A/P Servo Calibration

Pat Stewart

Well Known Member
Setting up a friends new system but having trouble with the AP calibration.

I have performed the detect function and it finds all the components and shows them ready including the AP servos however when I try and calibrate them it will not allow me select them. Any ideas?

If it finds 2 servos, there will be an auto pilot item in Hardware Calibration. You need to make sure it has current firmware in the servos. The auto pilot calibration will take you through the process to calibrate. Text me a pic of your network status then the hardware calibration and I'll see if I can help via text.

Be sure and do the zero airspeed calibration first or the APs in the hardware calibration page will be greyed out and not accessible.

Thanks guys, it must be the zero airspeed issue. I have tried the Hardware Calibration and it's grayed out. Heading to the hangar to see if it works.

Thanks

Last edited:
Ok Thomas, that did the trick thank you. Now I can enter the AP hardware configure screen I was looking for but there is a new problem. Once I enter the calibration mode it says to center all flight controls and start the calibration by pressing the auto pilot disconnect button. This is a quick panel and did not come with a disconnect button so I guess I am stuck again.

It should have a pigtail somewhere for AP Disconnect. It is the yellow wire in the auto pilot harness. If you can find that wire, touch it to ground for Disconnect. You can touch a screw head or river head or any unpainted aluminum surface to activate it. Again, just fine the yellow wire and touch the tip to ground for AP Disconnect.

I would recommend an AP Disconnect switch, and preferably on the stick grip or by your throttle control so you can push it while you have both hands on the controls. Any momentary button or switch can do it with the yellow wire on one poll and the other going to ground.

Thanks Jesse,

Last night I looked at the AP harness schematic and did not see a wire for the disconnect. I was hoping to do exactly what you recommended. Appreciate your help. Plan on giving Jeffrey Hickman a call this morning.

Well it looks like we need to install a disconnect button, we could just pin a new wire (pin 11 stick control harness "CW Steering") and touch ground to get through the cal process but a disconnect button makes sense.

Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited:
Back