What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tip for installing suspension ring (engine mount)

waterboy2110

Well Known Member
Remove the starter.

Searching this site didn't bring up the subject so I assume most have had no problem getting the suspension ring on the engine. I struggled with it trying to be very carful to not scratch the powder coat and not damage the lower left cooling tube. I finally gave up for the day and decided to take it on when I was fresh the next morning. Prior to beginning to solve this puzzle again I decided to check the bottom lugs since the heavy maint manual says do not put it under load (don't draw it in with the engine bolts). With the bottom two mounts pretty much in place it was clear that if the starter wasn't there it would roll right into place. For me this was a no brainer. I had already had the starter out to retrieve a lock washer that fell in between the starter and the engine. Without the starter it was a breeze.

If memory is correct, the plans have you cut one of the long lugs off the starter... And tape up the engine mount to prevent scratches. I don't recall any problems following the KAI .

It was a full day trying to get to the point of installing the ring. I figured I was getting burnt out so I stopped for the day and did some research but came up empty. The next day when I went back to it I never even tried to snake it on. Just pulled the starter and moved on.

Back