What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Final birthday wish in Denver: a ride in an RV

Paul Eastham

Well Known Member
A young man I know is suffering from terminal cancer. It's also his 21st birthday on Saturday. I was supposed to take him for a ride in the RV when he was visiting my area last winter, but severe WX made it impossible. I've been hoping to meet up with him since then, but looks like it won't happen.

He's in Aurora/Denver CO. Anybody want to make his day? (I'm sure any day will be fine, needn't be Saturday)

Last edited:
Paul,

I would be happy to do it in my -10, but I am currently AOG waiting for my gadahrs to be repaired; date undetermined. If someone has a Pinpoint gadahrs that I could borrow temporarily, or buy, we could make it happen.

Jim Berry
RV-10

Needs ride

Paul,
I am located in Pagosa Springs CO and could fly over to Denver to help out. What airport is he near?

Is he mobile enough to get into an RV8?

Boring 'ol 10

I will probably be up this weekend with my boring 10 and could be backup. Can't promise much excitement. KAPA.

Dwight

GADAHRS

Jim,
I have a couple of new "still in the box" Pin Point's I'd be willing to send you to make this happen. Feel free to call me at work and I can get it shipped tomorrow (Fri the 5th).

Jason Smith
Aerotronics Inc.
406-259-5006

I'm a long way away (DFW, Texas) but please, someone, make this wish happen!

I will gladly provide all funds for fuel and/or anything else that is needed to make this occur. Please advise!

Thanks for the responses, everyone! I am checking if he'd prefer a 2 or 4 seater, and for some proposed dates/times. Based on that, we should be able to pick someone...

Jason at Aerotronics was kind enough the send me a loaner gadahrs, while mine is being repaired. Should arrive Tues., install & align Wed., then good to go. My -10 is based at KAPA. Can fly most any day.

Jim Berry

It has not been completed. According to Paul Eastham, the OP, the young man had a change in his chemo that has left him very nauseous and feeling that he was not up to flying. We are prepared to do the flight as soon as he feels he is able. Perhaps Paul has more to add.

Jim Berry
RV-10

Back