What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sun-n-Fun & Honeywell AML34 switches?

JonathanCook

Well Known Member
Will any one that has installed the Honeywell AML34 Series switches be at Sun-n-Fun next week? If so, would it be possible for me to take a look at your panel?

Thanks.

This is the switch with a blank cover.
aml34-36.gif

These are covers for the switches. The come in different colors, they can be iluminated and engraved.
aml54_cover.jpg

AML switches

I will be at Sun-N-Fun and have three panel examples of these switches. We use them all the time and have them in our demo panels at Booth A-59. I work for Aerotronics and can answer any questions you have about these switches. Look forward to seeing you there.

Jason Smith
Aerotronics Inc.

Hmmmm...

Since I work for Honeywell (albeit not in the aviation division), it sounds like I need to make some new friends over in that business unit and get some of these! I've had a heck of a time making contact with someone in our Bendix/King division who can actually help me with employee discounts on avionics- since they are going in an experimental)....Roger Ping, you out there? How did you do it?

Are these switches pricey (from a retail standpoint)?

Thanks!

The way that I see it if you just compare switch prices the honeywell switches do cost more. This cost can be from $10 ot $15 more per switch. But when you compare costs with the panel you have to factor panel printing, lighting and quality. The honeywell switches include printing and lighting. I think the costs come closer when you factor all aspects of the switch. For me I think the honeywell switches are the right choice. We will just have to see when the RV is done and flying.

I used them in my overhead console for the cabin lights, they are top notch :rolleyes: ....I paid, include the lamps and the covers, close to $35 a copy :eek: ...and I looked high and low for the best price, Newarkone electronics had the best price.

Bottom line is they look really cool all lite up...sorta Space Shuttleish, I wandered around for a few days muttering $100 dollars, dollars...for a few switches $100 dollars....in a sort of rainman like manner. :p

Last edited:
Back