What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin 430W current software?

bkthomps

Well Known Member
What's the current software version for the 430W? My unit is at version 3.0 and I have seen others mention version 3.1, 3.2, etc

I searched garmin's site but I could not find any good info on this, I guess it's all in the dealer portal

430W Software

Brian,
I'm not at work and am going a bit on memory, I can check when I get in the office tomorrow to be certain. The thing to remember is the 430 and 530 have two types of software. There is Main and GPS software loads than can be accomplished. The main software I believe is 4.01 released in March of 2012 and GPS software version 3.2 released in May of 2009.

Jason Smith
Aerotronics Inc.
Experimental Division

Problems with older software

My Garmin 430W would not display the LPV approach into M01. It would simply default to the LNAV approach. Funny thing was it worked fine with the LPV into KAWM. A discussion with tech support at Garmin revealed the solution to the problem. There was a service bulletin (1225A), but somehow I missed it. :( It turns out that some older units such as mine require a software update, because the older software causes an error with approaches into airports with three-letter identifiers such as M01. After upgrading from version 3.11 to version 5.0. the unit performs flawlessly, and the LPV approach is displayed just fine. If you have an older unit, an upgrade may be in order.

What's the current software version for the 430W? My unit is at version 3.0 and I have seen others mention version 3.1, 3.2, etc

I searched garmin's site but I could not find any good info on this, I guess it's all in the dealer portal

Brian,

Service Bulletin 1225 is available for dealers to upgrade a 430W to Main SW V5.00 and GPS SW 5.0.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Steve

Brian,

Service Bulletin 1225 is available for dealers to upgrade a 430W to Main SW V5.00 and GPS SW 5.0.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Steve

Yeah...how come we can't do the software update ourselves without having to pay some tech at the local radio shop? :)

I built an entire freakin' airplane, I'm probably capable of hooking up a connector or inserting a card and uploading new code, ya think?

Just askin'...

Back