What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FAA Survey?

Shadetree

Well Known Member
I just got an email from the FAA Federal Air Surgeon asking me to participate in a evaluation of medical services survey.
First time I have ever got something like this.

Anyone else on here get one?

I have been wondering if I should participate or not...any advise?

I would expect this to be part of their initial efforts around new regs to support PBOR2. If I were to venture a guess, they will try to build some defense around the fact that Pilots love what they have and are against any changes, using survey data. Be careful what you say, as it will be used against you. If I got one, my responses would be in lock step with the PBOR2 provisions and the problems that it solves for pilots.

Larry

Last edited:
I just took the survey - pretty harmless. Mostly, it was about the experince I had at my most recent flight physical, and hinted at a quality control survey - to see if AME's are doing what the FAA expects them to be doing. There were a couple of questions that asked for comments relating to the overall need for physicals - that's where you can actually make some meaningful input!

Overall, it appeared to be a reasonable attempt. At a customer satisfaction survey, of sorts.

I just took the survey - pretty harmless. Mostly, it was about the experince I had at my most recent flight physical, and hinted at a quality control survey - to see if AME's are doing what the FAA expects them to be doing. There were a couple of questions that asked for comments relating to the overall need for physicals - that's where you can actually make some meaningful input!

Overall, it appeared to be a reasonable attempt. At a customer satisfaction survey, of sorts.

I took it today after a 2nd email reminder. Pretty much the same impression - QC of the AME's. Thought it interesting that they wanted an explanation of why I travel over 100 mi to see my AME.

I have a poster in my hanger with 10 aviation related comical jokes. Number "1" joke is: "Hi,,,,,, I am from the FAA and I am here to help".
I have not received the survey but with today's Federal Governments collection of records on just about everything, there would be no way I would fill it out.

Back