What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Orleans

jdhmotor

Patron
Looks like my company is moving me from San Antonio to New Orleans. I am looking at living in the north shore area and looking for someplace to hangar my RV-8 as well as my other toys, but for now a T-Hangar would be great just for the RV. If anyone has any ideas or information, I would appreciate an email. Thanks.

Slidell (ASD) and Hammond (HDC)are pretty much the only two on the Northshore that have any sizeable amount of services. If you head 15 minutes north of Slidell to Picayune (MJD), MS bang for $ gets a little better.

If you change your mind & decide to go south of town, and don't mind grass (everything on you plane will last longer), take a look at St Charles, in Ama LA. Great people and down home atmosphere. They have a great working relationship with the Approach/Tower guys at Louis Armstrong, and with the notch in the Class B, you can even operate there w/o talking to them if you have the need/desire.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/LS40

Charlie

Last edited:
Back