What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ztron Labs (LED Position Lamps)

UH1CW2

Well Known Member
What happened to Ztron Labs. They seemed to have a great product at a very low price. I am in the market for new LED position lights and thought I would look at the Ztron system. The web page is up but there is no information?

Are they still making products?

Does anyone have a contact?

I have them

and know of others too. but the site doesnt appear active. i think they went out of business about 2 years ago. maybe the result of pricing their products too low. If/when mine fail will likely go with FLYLEDS, a VAF advertiser. I think theirs are brighter also. i may go that route BEFORE mine fail, because of this. if i do, i'll sell u mine.

Last edited:
I have a set of their lights including the tail strobe, and both nav/strobes for wingtips. They are extremely bright. Make me an offer if you're interested.

I bought the NAV/STROBE lights and they started failing soon after i was flying. I emailed them and they offered to fix them - this was after they were no longer selling them. They resoldered some of the connections and so far they have been working fine. If/when they fail again, I will spend the $$$ and get something better.

ZTron

My ZTron landing lights failed at about 1 year / 100 hrs and I got no response in my efforts to contact them. I replaced them with AeroLEDs Microsun which appear to be a much higher quality product and have a similar footprint.

My ZTron nav / strobes are still working at 4 years / 400 hrs but I will not be surprised when they fail... Fingers crossed... There has been no effort in the manufacture to waterproof the electronics.

Although I thought I saved money on the initial installation, I ended up spending (much) more in the end to get a quality product. The ZTron investment was basically thrown away on the landing lights...

Unless you find them ridiculously cheap and you do not mind reworking your installation when they fail I do not recommend them...

Lots of info

Now that I have heard that they tend to fail I don't think I am interested in them. I don't even think I would spend 50 dollars on a complete set. Thanks for all the information on the product. I'll be looking at the AVEO brand of lamps. It's just to bad that Ztron didn't waterproof and Pott their light assemblies to stay in business. The videos of the products looked awesome.

Back