What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FT 60 stopped working

Guilhermepilot

Well Known Member
I put batts on and read 1 liter/h with no engine running
Turned it off after a while when ready to start it gave me zero reading and no hp percentage, two flights no fuel flow

Something is not right. Ok, maybe the cube failed, but it could be electrical connections, bubbles collecting in the unit or in the worst case debris.

I think I would check for debris right away, immediately.

The other potential issues are not urgent, but this is a new plane and stuff happens. Let's NOT let it happen.

Good Luck!

I checked blowing air and rotor is running but again no fuel flow, zero!, regarding wires it is no my strong point so I will have a mechanic to take a look for me

Dear Guilherme, i have the same problem right now, do yo solve with a new unit or it was only a electrical conection?

Best Regards

I have a FT-60 thats acting up too. From IE themselves, they say in order: Check wiring connections, then remove unit and flush with non-corrosive solvent on a white rag to see if any contamination, then replace the transducer. They sell at full retail which is about $249. Aircraft spruce has them for $150 I think.
here is a video of mine reading in flight. It went to zero shortly after the video. Then after it cooled off, it read correctly for a bit, then went crazy again. I'll update this after I fix it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC1QL3lv1TU

I have found that if you wrap these fuel cubes with heat shielding, they last longer. A typical failure mode is for them to quit reading when they get hot, and then work again when cool.

Vic

Back