What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Katie and Ben got married at AirVenture!

Congratulations!!

Katie--------Ben, huge congrats to the both of you:D:D:D

Laura and I got married two days before heading off to OSH in 04. Honeymoon was at OSH.

Last edited:
Congratulations! I will draw something in the sky for you. What would you like to see? :D

Congratulations and welcome to an exclusive club.

Caution though Ben. I proposed to my wife on the Tri Motor six years ago at her third Airvenure and it was her suggestion to get married the next year at Airventure which we did in the North 40, the Sloshkosh year. That was the last time she came here so the past four years we have not been together on our anniversary....I have my priorities which fortunately she good with. This year with Airventure being a week earlier will be our first anniversary together. Hope you are BOTH here next year. Katie being an airplane fanatic as well is a good thing.

Last edited:
A big congrats

Ben and Katie,
Scott told me the news before he left for OShkosh Saturday morning. That's great news, we miss you at Z98.....

Gary and Darlene

AWWW!! How sweet Vlad, that's the best "card" ever!!! :D:D

Thanks for the congratulations! I still can't believe we pulled it all off. Saturday morning I woke up to thunderstorms... but it all cleared out soon enough for Ben to get the Jabiru over to Munsil's airstrip next to the church. After the ceremony, he called up the Fisk controllers as "Wedding One" and let them know we were ready to take off under the arrival path. They were very helpful -- we couldn't have done it without their support. The OSH arrival was all business as usual--follow the procedure, look for traffic, peel off behind an uber-slow vintage airplane & repeat... and always fly the plane. I think the biggest distraction was that my white dress glared off the EFIS a little... and the fact that I couldn't stop giggling. We had more than a few puzzled looks and "Congrats" when we hopped out of the plane on Boeing Plaza!

We thought about waiting til the RV and Panther were done and having a ceremony in HBC, but I wanted to get married sometime in the next decade... :cool:

Back