What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-1 photo share

Special Delivery

Well Known Member
Here's some photos from Saturday's RV-1 "Work Day" at RV Central.

Picasa Album Here

DSC_0902%252520copy.jpg

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Very cool!

Looks like you guys just ran a marathon....;)

That is a really neat project! Can't wait to see it next year at KOSH!

I had a great time on Sat working with everyone and am looking forward to the next session. Heck I got to do most of my favorite things.. fly over to Hicks, hangin out with airplane folks, working on airplanes and muchin some good grub.. just doesn't get much better than that :D

Ernie... Awesome photos!!! Everyone is really getting into it and the pictures catch the moment. We'll make the next one... :)

It appears that both Paul and Louise got the memo on the work uniform, but I'll need to send boxes of appropriate attire down for the other volunteers to wear!

Cheers,
Stein

It appears that both Paul and Louise got the memo on the work uniform, but I'll need to send boxes of appropriate attire down for the other volunteers to wear!

Cheers,
Stein

And, I bet they'll be worn! We are already looking at September and October dates.......

Cheers,
Stein

You can use them as packing material for the avionics and wiring supplies....:p:D

(Walt has volunteered to build up the necessary wiring harness for the plane - expect him to call with a bill of materials!)

Cheers,
Stein

You can use them as packing material for the avionics and wiring supplies....:p:D

Maybe I wasn't "BROKE" enough after my Stein order... my packing material was just that. How does one go about getting a cool uniform? I'm a little too far away to help out on the RV-1 crew.

I have just enough money left for a T-Shirt... that way instead of just telling everyone I'm broke, I can advertise it.:)

A perk from Oshkosh

Homebuilders attending Oshkosh quickly learn that part of the yearly ritual is to trek over to Stein and pick up a shirt. I think you're supposed to promise to wear it at the show and I've felt bad that I can't do that (I work the show in "uniform" of my employer). So, I often wear it when the camera is in the shop to pay my dues.

Back