What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV 10 QB kit on it's way

Subwaybob

Well Known Member
Just spoke to Vans Friday. I ordered the QB fuse, wings and emp (slow of course) all at once. I ordered Feb 26th. So they are almost 2 months ahead of schedule. FYI they said they have a crate coming in every 2 weeks right now and it's usually once a month.

On a tangent, any extras you can think of to throw in there? I'm going to get extra: Rivets, nut plates, screws, and probably bolts. Need any angle or sheet metal? I didn't need much when I built my 7. Ready for my SUV airplane!

Exciting times for you! Congrats... I'm trying to decide on the RV-10 vs an RV-14, and the whole "standard-vs-quickbuild" question is something I'm mulling over. It adds a fair bit of cost and quite a bit of wait time, but it's awesome to hear that yours are coming a month or two early.

Did you have enough to do with the empennage kit while awaiting the other kits?

TB

Congrats - you?re in for the experience of your life. It?ll be exciting, it?ll **** you off, it?ll make you smile and it?ll make you cry.

Exciting times for you! Congrats... I'm trying to decide on the RV-10 vs an RV-14, and the whole "standard-vs-quickbuild" question is something I'm mulling over. It adds a fair bit of cost and quite a bit of wait time, but it's awesome to hear that yours are coming a month or two early.

Did you have enough to do with the empennage kit while awaiting the other kits?

TB

The quick build adds money but its worth it. unless you're just bored out of your mind and wish to add 2 + years to the project then GET THE QB!! I built a 7 in 11 months with the QB. Everyone that's a SB wishes they were a QB!

Congrats - you?re in for the experience of your life. It?ll be exciting, it?ll **** you off, it?ll make you smile and it?ll make you cry.

This is plane #2. I built a 7 eight years ago. Built a 2000 sqft shop just for this sucker!

The quick build adds money but its worth it. unless you're just bored out of your mind and wish to add 2 + years to the project then GET THE QB!! I built a 7 in 11 months with the QB. Everyone that's a SB wishes they were a QB!

I don?t. I?m glad I chose the slow build. I?ve really enjoyed building the whole thing myself.

Back