What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Links to Flight Test Info

Kevin Horton

Well Known Member
If you are looking for sources of information on flight testing, I have assembled a collection of links. It has links to many basic references, flight test plans that other builders have used, info on pitot-static system calibrations, determining TAS from GPS data, etc, etc.

Kevin Horton's Flight Test Links

FAA AC 90-89A, Amateur-Built Aircraft and Ultralight Flight Testing Handbook has a wealth of good info, and should be read by everyone before the test planning starts.

If anyone knows of good flight test info that isn't in my collection of links, please let me know. Either add a reply here, or e-mail me by clicking on my name at the top of this thread.

Last edited:
Testpilot

I would love to let you know I do test flying and transition training for most experimentals. I work for Compair and teach there turbine planes all over the country. I have taught and test flown many, to name a few, RVs, Lancairs, GlasairIIIs, cozy, long e z, pitts, mustang II, thorp 18, compairs all models and smaller ones like the Kitfoxes. I would like to advertise on your site if that is ok, it is easy for me to get insured in most anything. Ron Miller

Flight training? RV6

I have just bought an RV6 for Africa and packed it in a container for shipping. I need the transition training. Can anybody help? I am in Central California now but could go anywhere to train.

Charlie Rea

Required!

FAA AC 90-89A, Amateur-Built Aircraft and Ultralight Flight Testing Handbook has a wealth of good info, and should be read by everyone before the test planning starts.

Actually this is REQUIRED per you operating limitations.

If you are looking for sources of information on flight testing, I have assembled a collection of links. It has links to many basic references, flight test plans that other builders have used, info on pitot-static system calibrations, determining TAS from GPS data, etc, etc.

Kevin Horton's Flight Test Links

If anyone knows of good flight test info that isn't in my collection of links, please let me know. Either add a reply here, or e-mail me by clicking on my name at the top of this thread.

Hi Kevin,

What equation did you use for glide ratio?

thanks!

Back