VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 02-10-2015, 05:30 AM

Default Let Me Get This Straight...

You don't want to use the washing machine at home, but you're good with taking something laden with fine grinding powder and aluminum oxide and putting it thru a Laundromat or dry cleaner. Better some stranger might have to deal with the stuff finding its way into their clothes because they can't afford a washer? On the other hand, I could probably save a lot of money by cleaning my hazmat suits at the Laundromat rather than disposing of them.
Terry, CFI
RV9A N323TP
Old 02-10-2015, 08:04 AM

Nuvite has instructions for using TSP to clean the compounding pads and cloths.

https://www.nuvitechemical.com/p-332...ding-pads.aspx
Old 02-10-2015, 08:24 AM

Bob-
My absolutely wonderful wife takes our fleece towels to the laundry mat and runs them through twice there, she then brings them home and runs them through once in our washer/dryer. They exit this process not quite as soft, but almost perfectly clean. I polish one area of the bird every week and tend to cycle the older fleeces for use on the underside. Needless to say, I give Tom at Perfect Polish a lot of business. Not sure what your process is but this one works well for me and yields the best results. Ciao!
-Timothy
Old 02-10-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrykohler View Post
You don't want to use the washing machine at home, but you're good with taking something laden with fine grinding powder and aluminum oxide and putting it thru a Laundromat or dry cleaner. Better some stranger might have to deal with the stuff finding its way into their clothes because they can't afford a washer? On the other hand, I could probably save a lot of money by cleaning my hazmat suits at the Laundromat rather than disposing of them.
Terry, CFI
RV9A N323TP
+1. You can get an old washer off Craigslist for $100. I wash my fleeces once and use them to buff courser grades of Nuvite, and reserve new fleeces for the final S buff. The price you pay for shiny goodness!