What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AN-37 bolt too short on trim servo?

LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
Curious if anyone else has experienced the bolt that attaches the the trim servo to the aft bulkhead (through spacers) too short to allow a cotter pin through the castle nut or whether it's just me?

I've filed down the bushings as directed but I'm not comfortable with it and plan to install a larger bolt.

Curious if anyone else has experienced the bolt that attaches the the trim servo to the aft bulkhead (through spacers) too short to allow a cotter pin through the castle nut or whether it's just me?

I've filed down the bushings as directed but I'm not comfortable with it and plan to install a larger bolt.

Bob - I don't remember there being an issue with the trim servo tray bolt. I do remember needing to do a lot of fine filing on the bushings with a diamond jewelers file though.

Have you measured the bolt to verify that it is actually an AN-37 in length?

Happy building,

Bob,

I don't recall an issue there or hearing about anyone else with one. Agree with double checking the bolt length.

John

On page 11-07 Figure 3 My drawing shows a AN3-35
is there a change in the Drawings

Joe Dallas

Bob,

I don't recall an issue there or hearing about anyone else with one. Agree with double checking the bolt length.

John

Last edited:
So what is the difference between AN3-7 and AN3-35?
I would have thought you could tell which it was without measuring.

Back