What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Using the Garmin G3X Checklist Editor ?

laserman

Hate Asking.. Any issues/hints with the G3X checklist editor / Windows 10 ? Program runs.. I can create a new group .... But all the icons for editing/adding check list items are ?Gray?ed out?. So can't add or edit anything.. ? Played with it for about and hour,,, Gotta be something simple.. Thanks.. Al..

Hate Asking.. Any issues/hints with the G3X checklist editor / Windows 10 ? Program runs.. I can create a new group .... But all the icons for editing/adding check list items are ?Gray?ed out?. So can't add or edit anything.. ? Played with it for about and hour,,, Gotta be something simple.. Thanks.. Al..
Hello Al,

The Checklist Editor works fine in Windows 10.

When you created a new group, the program should have automatically created one checklist in that group called "New Checklist". Start by right clicking on that checklist in the left hand navigation area and selecting "Checklist Properties" from the menu. Now edit that checklist name to something like "Preflight" or "Emergency".

That checklist should have one default entry that you can again right click on and edit to be the first item in that checklist.

If this doesn't get you going, you might start again with a new checklist form by selecting File, New.

If you are still stuck, it is probably best to email us directly and we can provide further assistance to get you going.

Thanks,
Steve

Here is another tip in using the Checklist Editor. You can easily copy/paste between two different checklist files.

For example, if I sent you my checklist file and you wanted to copy the Emergency Transponder Codes and Light Gun Signals reference checklists from my file, you can double click on your file to launch the Checklist Editor and load your file, then do the same with my file which launches a second instance of the Checklist Editor program.

You can then right click on a checklist in one file, copy it, and insert (paste) it where you like in your file.

Thanks,
Steve

I'd be happy to email you my check list then you could modify to suit your needs if you are having trouble.

No Luck ..

Thanks for responding so quickly.. No luck.. Yep.. I understand the right/left click operations... Can only change/edit "Group Name".. Have deleted and reloaded program.. and your suggested other approaches... Have gone to "program properties" and made sure "Permissions" are set correctly "allowed" ... Program set to run under WindowsXP Service Pack 2. .. Have tried run with "Vista".. Same problem. System Windows 10 software is up to date.. I will contact the Garmin Gurus after I try the program on another windows computer.. Thanks Again.. "Going to go play.. with more AC wiring....." All have a safe NYE... Al

UPDATE:

23 Year old son.. Walked in ..Sat down..and was editing a new checklist in seconds... So .. Guess it was me...

Last edited:
Back