What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SkyRadar D2 and Foreflight

Maverick972

Well Known Member
Now that Foreflight supports GDL 90 for sending data has anyone tried hooking up an existing SkyRadar to Foreflight?

I have a SkyRadar D2 and would like a little better integration in the panel. Thanks Sean

Odd issue that may help. No luck from the Skyradar folks or Avare.

My Skyradar DX perfectly ADSB-In feeds my GRT EFIS via powered USB hub. Traffic, wx- all as it should.

It also wifis to both ipad and Android, BUT does NOT show traffic on either Avare on Android or Fltplan Go apps on Android or iPad. Shows position and weather but NOT traffic.

3 Androids of various ages and os versions and an iPad pro on ios 12.

ALL work great on my DualAv XGPS170, which is older and bluetooth.

Well... I went out to the hanger today and ran ForeFlight on my phone. I connected to the sky raider WiFi net work and it showed on ForeFlight. The airplane was in the hanger so no signal but it did recognize that I had an ADSB signal.

I am assuming that when ForeFlight opened up to the GDL-90 protical the box will work. I will run it on the iPad and see what happens...

An email SKYRADAR but no email on the website so I called and left a message. No returned call.

My guts tells me that he No longer manufactures the units as they are not available and support is non existent.

I will report back when I run the iPad and let you know.

Back