What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another nav/position/strobe question

N804RV

Well Known Member
Was thinking about putting the Aveo Powerburst 3-in-one lights on the W-715-1 wing tips.

Even with the 120 degree light cove, it seems to me like I'll still need a tail light/strobe. Does that sound right?

Has anyone had problems getting night approved on their operating limitations with this set up?

Last edited:
Amateur-built aircraft are not "approved" in the operating limitations. The statement in the op lims puts the monkey on the back of the operator. The aircraft is approved for night flight if it complies with part 91.205(c).

If you have only 120? coverage with the wingtip unit, then you will need a tail light/strobe.

Amateur-built aircraft are not "approved" in the operating limitations. The statement in the op lims puts the monkey on the back of the operator. The aircraft is approved for night flight if it complies with part 91.205(c).

Thanks. I figured I'd need a tail light.

But, that confuses the heck out of me. What's the purpose of 91.319(d)(2)? How are ANY EAB flying legally at night or IFR? -----------------

--------------------Oops, never mind. I found the answer to my own question in another thread! - Thank you Mel!

Last edited:
Back