What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Baggage bulkhead channel bushings

hjd3021

Page 24-05 Rev 2 (which I believe is current rev) shows 3x SB-375-4 bushing at lower end of F-1207D-L baggage bulkhead channel per Figure 1. My channel has only 2 holes one is for SB-375 and the other is 0.75 which would be for SB 750 bushing. Has anyone else noted this and is this the correct channel with these two bushings versus what is shown on the drawing? My kit was delivered in 2015 so it is newer than drawing rev. Figured I'd ask the experts before I can call Vans next week after holiday. I'll also try and figure out from plans what goes through which might answer the question. As always thanks for the help and wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

I would go ahead and drill another hole before assembly while it is easy. If it is not needed, oh well, the aircraft will be one gram lighter weight.

Before you drill another hole.....

Whenever I thought there was something wrong with the plans or some part did not fit just right...I WAS ALWAYS DOING SOMETHING WRONG. I am amazed at the quality of this kit. 10,000 rivets and hundreds of screws and bolts fit perfectly...i don't mean close...I mean perfectly. Thanks Van's for an amazing kit. Three years building and 130 hours on the Hobbs and enjoyed every minute. See video clip in INFLIGHT PHOTOS section...grass strip.

Last edited:
The ADS-B antenna is aft of the bulkhead and the wire with BNC needs to be routed from the panel. Most likely what the larger hole is for. But like the others, if it doesn't make sense - stop, read it again and / or call Vans. There's no reason to guess.

Thanks to all for the replies. I will confirm with vans that the part I have is the current rendition of the part number. This may be a case where they updated a part but felt plans change was not needed

Actually, there is a new bracket with a hole already drilled that will be riveted onto that rear bulkhead angle for the ADSB antenna.

Refer to 53-08:

i-VLkng24-L.png

One of the smaller snap bushings will be occupied by the pitot tube, the other two are available to run wiring back to the ADAHRS box. There is more wiring than will easily fit in one of those small snap bushings. However, if your bulkhead angle has a .375 hole and a .750 hole that may be all you need, in addition to the new bracket for the ADSB antenna.

Last edited:
Thanks Tony - as usual your information is spot on! I also found page 31B-20 that shows the routing of the ADS-B, pitot tube, and two wiring harnesses through the holes that show like I have. They show the ADS-B and the pitot going though the larger hole that my brackets have and the two wiring harnesses through the other smaller bushing. What you pointed out on the subsequent page 53-08 provides additional room to run the wire harnesses as you suggest in the larger bushing and the pitot tube in the smaller one. The ADS-B then routes through the new added bracket. As always appreciate your support and insight into the build!

Back