What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-6 Purchase inspection

Toogrady

I'm New Here
Hi,

I am looking to become a fellow RV owner and have found an RV6 in Ashville that I am interested in purchasing. I live in Las Vegas and am looking to have the RV6 inspected prior to flying over. Does anyone have a recommendation on a knowledgeable inspector in the area?

Thank you in advance,

Tom

Hi,

I am looking to become a fellow RV owner and have found an RV6 in Ashville that I am interested in purchasing. I live in Las Vegas and am looking to have the RV6 inspected prior to flying over. Does anyone have a recommendation on a knowledgeable inspector in the area?

Thank you in advance,

Tom

Tom, see if Vic Syracuse is available to inspect the RV-6. He is in north Georgia.

PM me the info. I work in Ashville and can give it a quick once over. Then if it is worth buying, you can bring Vic in to do a complete check.

That might save everyone some time and $$$.

Vic and Tom, I just spoke to Doug (the owner/seller) and will stop by his hangar Monday evening on the way home.

He has the top cowl off, so I will get some pictures to send you both. If you like what you see, then it's all yours Vic.

Doug is not the builder but he is an A&P and has done the inspections since he bought it. I suggested he might let Vic do a Condition inspection because his name carries a lot of weight in this community. He thought that was a good idea and will give it some serious consideration.

My stepson

James passed his IA test on Thursday and we're in east Georgia. He's built RV's and annualled many. 706 550 8628.

Best,

Back