What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Compatibility of MGL V6 with Dynon Skyview

dave4754

Well Known Member
I have searched all threads I can but cannot find an answer.

Has anyone purchased an MGL V6 and linked it with the Dynon 10 inch touch EFIS? I like the Dynon radio but it is too expensive at this point so the MGL seems like a great radio and could save me about 1200 dollars at this point.

I want to have the frequencies and locations come forward on my EFIS as it does on the Dynon but not sure the MGL product would work. Apparently it links to other than MGL products as though it is an SL 40.

Any help would be appreciated, not cheap but finishing this project has used up ALL my beer money and trying to shave a few corners to allow at least a soda or two!!!

Dave

You can send frequencies from SkyView to the V6, but not display the frequencies on SkyView. The V6 uses a non-standard protocol for frequency output.

Always worth double checking with MGL that they haven't added support for the SL40 output format. I think the last data we had was from 2013.

Thanks

Thanks for the info, will soon order the Skyview i have pinned my hopes on but the radio will have to wait until an upgrade budget allows. Thanks again.

Back