What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

towbars

RV 12 towbar

I noticed Mike Seager using the RV12 towbar with 6A "Ol' Blue" so I got one for my 6A. It weighs nothing and collapses to a small size. Great for the baggage comp. I've used it almost exclusively for a year with no breaks. John

The RV12 bar doubles as a control lock. By drilling a different set of holes in the extendable arms, it can lock the brakes, or just the rudder, and also prevent fore-aft and side-side movement of the stick, while holding the stick in a neutral position rather than the undesirable full aft.

Bogi

I'm a believer in buying things once.

Bogi cost a little more, but has been worth the investment for me.

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread as I just purchased a Bogi for my RV-8. Saved $30 buy purchasing it from Sky Geek vs Aircraft Spruce because of their shipping charges.

If you use Bogi replace all three bolts and nuts with AN hardware. Originals will eventually bend and rust :)

I just ordered one from sky geek
thanks

Jim Irwin of Spruce is not going to like that.:) I emailed him about his shipping charges and what I saved by going with Sky Geek whom I had never heard of. He quickly responded that they were looking into the problems with their charges.

Vlad, thanks for the heads up on the hardware.

Last edited:
Back