What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

M/T Governor Overhaul

rv767

Friend
My M/T governor has reached it's "calendar" TBO. Has anyone had theirs overhauled recently and can you comment on how you went about it and cost?
Thanks..

Neal,

It is a Service Bulletin, not a mandatory instruction.

The propeller has a TBO of 2000 hours or 72 months, low use MT propellers can now get a disassemble, inspect and assemble at 72 months which drastically reduces costs.

The governor has a recommend for overhaul at 72 months, not a requirement.

Fly on ;)

Any recommendations on shops to do MT gov work?
My flying/building buddy has had all the Cozy MKIV MT propeller and MT governor overhaul done by http://www.tiffinaire.com/en/services/PropellerMaintenance.aspx . They do excellent quality work and are a certified MT dealer/repair facility. Quick turnaround. His prop was pretty chewed up due to it being a pusher and needed the composite stripped off, nickel LE removed, and re-wrapped. When he got it back after the last overhaul, it looked brand new. I ordered my MT prop from them at great pricing.

I had mine done by Sensenich in Georgia. Great people, great service and happy. Mine needed a bunch of S.B's

Back