What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2011 VAF Donation Made....

Gregg Brightwell

Well Known Member
I meant to get up and donate by 12:15, but then, at 12:15, I figured DR wouldn't mind if I waited a few more hours.:rolleyes:

Wishing everyone a Happy and RV filled New Year....

Gregg

Great idea Gregg! Thanks for the reminder! Get it over with now so we don't forget later. ;)

Let's make 2011 the best year ever for VAF, a 1/2 hour less flying over the year and you can afford the requested minimum of $25. Even "not flying yet lurkers" please contribute a little something. DR works hard, and spends his entire day keeping this site up and running for RV's. If you enjoy visiting VAF please give a little something.

DR makes it a point to exempt military veterans, firefighter, police, etc. from donating, but I would like to challenge everyone to contribute. Being a vet or a public servant doesn't exclude us from helping to contribute, pony up boys and girls. Please? :D

Last edited:
Me too

Did the same today and upped my donation a bit as parts are paid for but they're still not a plane, so no fuel needed and no 100$ hamburgers for the time being.
Best wishes for 2011

Ditto.....

Made my 2011 donation as well.....

Doug does a great job so I wanted to donate early.

Happy New Year!

It's 2011 and I am up surfing the web. My first stop of the year, VAF of course.

Thought my first expenditure of the year should also be VAF. Donation sent.

I'm in.

Doug,

Best to you and your family for 2011. Thanks for the continued great site.

Uh-Oh---I donated on 12/29--guess I should have waited.

Yea, I made that same mistake at the end of 2009. By paying the next year's donation early, the list didn't show me as paid in 2010. I fixed the situation by paying today. I will now pay only in January.

Me too

Happy New Year to all - thanks Doug. I'm good for another year too! This is my year - plane in paint shop now and hopefully airborne by spring!

I didn't know that

I paid in November planning on it being my 11 contribution. Oh well... Still the best value in aviation!

Yea, I made that same mistake at the end of 2009. By paying the next year's donation early, the list didn't show me as paid in 2010. I fixed the situation by paying today. I will now pay only in January.

Made the same mistake here!

Ditto on that! Sent mine in today.:D

I noticed the 2010 list ends on 12/28--maybe Doug will show 12/29 or later payment on the 2011 list.

2011 Donation...

Made mine today. I feel Doug deserves this for all his work. Even though I meet a couple of his exempt criteria I still want to contribute and urge all to do so as well. Hope everyone has a fantastic new year.

New Years Resolution DONE!

Sent mine in today.............................Would send ten times more if I used the bandwith on VAF as much as GEICO266. HaPPY nEW yEAR laRRY!

Dean
805HL

2011 donation recorded in 2010

2011 donation made on the 1st, but captured on the 31st.

I guess the important thing here is my funds have reached your account, albeit twice in 2010...

Many thanks for a great site.

Mine...

... just went in too. Hope I was the first one from Norway this year... :confused:
I assumed you still wanted 27 USD to cover for the 2 USD PayPal fee..?

THANKS ALOT for making this site Doug! Building wouldn't have been nearly as easy without it! And not to mention all the great motivation posts!

[ed. Thank you Alf! You got it about perfect....PayPal took $1.35 for the transaction, leaving a net amount of $25.65. Thank you again. dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I saw this thread today. I've gotten a great deal of value out of this site over the past few years. However, every time I thought, "I need to send a donation," I was either headed for bed or work. I use FireFox, and AdBlock either hides or makes the "Donate" button "not obvious." No excuses, I've been a slacker...

Well, so I turned off Ad Block and found the donation instructions. Much to my embarrassment, there is a section on that page suggesting that my money is not wanted here just because I got shot at a few times. Well, if it offends you Doug you can send it back :) Seriously though, I'm extraordinarily happy that this site exists both from the value it provides us all and because it reminds me that the American Entrepreneur has not yet been completely assassinated by Washington.

I sent you dues for 4 years, with enough extra to cover what the chiselers, er PayPal, deducts - and have put a reminder in my electronic brain (otherwise known as my Outlook Calendar) for the coming years... ;)

Back