What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine/prop combo price.

SteveL

Hey all!
Van's quoted price as of last week for the XIO 360 M1B RT/Hartzell C2YR-1BFP/F7497, $35,839. It was recommended that if I didn't need the engine/prop at this time I might wait as Lycoming usually offers discounts at Sun&Fun. Does anyone know if this is true and what a typical discount might be? I understand that Lycoming will have a price increase in January.
Thanks,
SteveL

Hey all!
Van's quoted price as of last week for the XIO 360 M1B RT/Hartzell C2YR-1BFP/F7497, $35,839. It was recommended that if I didn't need the engine/prop at this time I might wait as Lycoming usually offers discounts at Sun&Fun. Does anyone know if this is true and what a typical discount might be? I understand that Lycoming will have a price increase in January.
Thanks,
SteveL

When I purchased my engine/Prop combination and I got a nice additional discount and I believe it was the S&F discount. I even made an informal deal to receive the engine/prop months later as I was not ready for that stage of the project, they agreed. The engine sat in my garage only for a month or less from delivery to installation.

The SNF and OSH engine discounts are $2500-$3000 off normal list. If you purchase a new Hartzel prop at the same time you get $1000 off of the prop price. I took advantage of the engine sale and bought a new IO-390 for my -14A during OSH this year. My engine will deliver next month and stay inside the airconditioned house until I need it next summer. Hard to beat the price for a new Lycoming from Vans.

Back