What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FM150 injector updraft sump

RVDan

Well Known Member
Patron
I am refitting from a carb to the AFP FM-150 system. I am looking for pics that shows how you oriented the servo and the throttle/mixture control supports. I searched the forums and didn?t find anything that showed the updraft sump.

I?ve got a plan but am just curious of what others might have done before committing to ordering cables.

FM 150 orientation

Dan,
Mine is oriented on 0360 updraft as follows:
1- Mixture and throttle levers on the left as you sit in the cockpit. The reason is the throttle cable is on the left fuse wall for RV4.
2- The servo ( round thing ) is on the rear to minimize fuel tube lengths for pump and distributor block.
Obviously the throttle can go on the right for side by side fuse . I don't see many options because to put the servo forward requires the throttle to "pull" to open :eek:

Here are some of my up-draft/vertical sump with optional elbow and cable brackets from Don at AFP. I swapped the X-over exhaust for trombone a little later in the build and removed the phenolic block between the sump and servo. Planning to go cold air sump next year.

This works well with the SJ intake but required a custom phenolic shim to align the filter with the intake tube (last pic), as well as a small bump in the cowl for filter housing clearance.

ijHbTMCl.jpg

rL7lEPdl.jpg

YshsXiRl.jpg

4hpsQ6ql.jpg

Back