What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

BFR -- completed

A5555

Well Known Member
A nice experience with local examiner for BFR. Before the BFR I completed the Sporty's online BFR course and printed the course completion document and filed with with my FAA WINGS account. That was made easy using the Sporty's online course. My examiner accepted the Sporty's BFR course as my ground portion and then we completed the 1 hr flying portion my my airplane. Since this was his first time to fly in an RV I spent 45 minutes walking thru my preflight with him and answering questions about the aircraft before the flight. A very nice experience. I believe he was impressed with the RV-9A. I heard him laugh after we did a short field landing. We completed hi and low power stalls, steep turns, slow flight, short field landing, etc. It was nice to conduct my BFR in my aircraft. Yahoo!

Steve Melton - pilot in command for 42 yrs and the best have been the past 5 yrs in the RV.

Capture_zpsdjeopldq.png

Capture_zpslfpic6uj.png

Last edited:
By the way, the official FAA term is now ?Flight Review?. They dropped the B because no one could spell ?biennial? correctly. But personally I prefer the way BFR sounds, it has a certain ring to it.

By the way, the official FAA term is now ‘Flight Review’. They dropped the B because no one could spell ‘biennial’ correctly. But personally I prefer the way BFR sounds, it has a certain ring to it.

Interesting reason Bob.

In my don't trust the government mindset, I was waiting for the FAA to announce that they were going to change the Flight Reviews to a yearly occurrence. Part of my thinking was that with all the Sport Pilots and pilots flying under Basic Med, this would be their way to keep their thumbs on top of us.

Back