What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Triple Tree - PIREP

N941WR

Legacy Member
Does anyone have a PIREP on Triple Tree?

I dropped in on Saturday, for the day.

Talked to a number of friends and attended two seminars, both very good! The first was presented by the test pilot who Looped a C130J at the 2018 Farnborough Air Show and the second was by Ron Strauss who was Elvis's Convair 880 pilot.

Both gave outstanding talks and it was obvious that they both enjoyed their work.

Good times...

I attended Triple Tree for the 3rd year in a row. Only able to camp one night because of other obligations.

Shortly after checking in on Friday, they announced on the PA up by the pavilion, that a WWII vet was going to open up and talk about his experience; in the food tent at 1pm. Me and my 2 friends sat front row as he spoke of his
being shot out of a bomber over China, and the 5-6 months it took to get back to American soil. The gentleman was 98 years old. He said he never really talked about this stuff but that everyone at Triple Tree had treated him so well that he could not refuse the request. This was a highlight of the fly-in for me.

Taste of Triple Tree was great too. Perfect weather. Such a beautiful place...

Thanks all. Our volunteers work so hard all year long. I?ll pass on your comments.

Rob

I flew down with a buddy on Wednesday, ran into lots of folks I knew and sat in the seminar about airport funding in SC. As usual the Triple Tree volunteers were wonderful and I am thinking about volunteering next year too. We will be back next year, hoping to camp under the wing of my newly finished RV7A.

Back