What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oil filter clearance RV-8

jump4way

Well Known Member
I have an ECI 90 degree oil filter adapter for my paralell valve io-360 along with the SD-20 alternator for my RV-8.

There is a fitment issue with the adapter and the engine mount so I'll need a spacer. B&C told me I would need a 1.4" spacer for the filter. Unfortunately, ECI is backordered on that spacer for 6 months.

My question is can anyone verify the 1.4" spacer does work with the oil filter/sd-20/engine mount before I wait out the 6 months for the part? Is there another spacer dimension that is known to work? Does anyone have any suggestions on tracking down this spacer outside of the normal distributor channels?

Thanks.

Oil filter adapter

I cannot answer your original question, but there may be an alternative.
I thought I was going to have to buy an oil filter adapter due to the B&C SD-20. Strangely enough I found that the regular Lycoming horizontal oil filter adapter fit quite nicely. I do have the longer B&C gear driven alternator however and not sure what you have. I suspect the short version of the alternator would not fit.

I have a spacer that came with an ECI Titan engine, it's about 2" long. Never used. I'd let it go for cheap.

Thanks for the replies. I may need to just go with the straight oil filter adapter. Hmanvel, I sent you a pm regarding your spacer. It might be worth a try. If anyone else has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Back