What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need some advice.

Don Patrick

Well Known Member
I have a superior engine IO-360 with the precision silver hawk ex fuel injection. I also have the EFII boost pump.

I was trouble shooting some alternator issues tonight and while running the engine, it quit without the boost pump running. This occured several times and I removed the engine driven fuel pump.

The fuel pump is a Tempest 103586-01, which has a short channel rocker arm on it and is used for the Hi psi Rayjay turbo application.

I removed the turbo from the engine when i bought it. The engine has been adjusted for idle and mixture and runs very smoothly.

When I removed the fuel pump this evening, I found that the arm for the pump was broken.

I have two options. Find an overhaul facility locally to replace the arm for the pump, or buy a replacement.

What I'm wondering is if I can replace the fuel pump with a different fuel pump such as a fuel pump like a LW15473 as long as the arm is the same, which it appears to be.

For those running IO360 M1B, what fuel pump are you running on it with the precision silverhawk injection and an efii boost pump.

Thanks

Don

as far as I know, the only difference in the ray jay diaphragm pump application and the regular one is that the ray jay one has a upper deck pressure vent built in to keep the pump at the same altitude pressure as the turbo system. The arm lengths for all Lycoming engine diaphragm fuel pumps are the same.
Good Luck,
Mahlon

Back