What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTR 20 and GTX 45R

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
Can we collect some pics of where we mounted these? I'm trying to work out where all the behind the panel items will go.

RV14 Garmin G3X equipment

Hello,
The first two pictures are the pilot side. (2) GTR20s and a GAD29. The standoffs are to allow for air movement.

a5ho5c.jpg

2n67u50.jpg

The second two pictures are the co-pilot side. Transponder, Audio Panel and EIS. This allowed me to remove the Transponder through the Canopy opening. Note it is mounted at a slight angle.
29fk1j.jpg

2evpw0m.jpg

The GDL39R and GAD27 are mounted on the back side of the same subpanel.

Important note: I am a first time builder, so this information is worth exactly what you paid!

Very good, I had a similar sandwich of components in mind.... Any pics of the structure you built to make the sandwiches?

Sandwiches

I don't have pictures of the individual brackets; however, it is basically long AN bolts and aluminum tubing to create the space between components. Some of the brackets are simply cut and bent 2024 sheet. I used 1/4" between components for air circulation; however, I have no data to suggest that is necessary. It merely seemed like a good idea at the time.

Haven't done a 14 yet but I've mounted the transponder behind the baggage wall on a number of RV7's, works well and keeps the antenna cable short which is important for the xpdr.

Back