What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Question for the G3X guys on Garmin 345 Transponder?

Jetguy

Well Known Member
If you are Bluetoothed to the new Garmin 345 transponder and using ForeFlight or Garmin Pilot app on iPad in flight can you check weather beyond 150nm from your current location? Thanks John

Garmin 345 Bluetooth?

I can't get the 345 Bluetooth to show on the settings/Bluetooth on my iPad, or my IPhone, or my buddies iPhone. Bluetooth is enabled on the software menu in the 345. A Aera 660 is hardwired to the 345. Under the Bluetooth menu in the 660 you can see the Bluetooth signal from the 345. Also in ForeFlight under devices you cannot see the 345. 345 was installed April 2017. Don't know what software version is installed on the 345. . Any suggestions to fix this would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks Charlie, Problem solved. I have to admit at first this figure did confuse me. But after further review and hands on practice it came together. Now I can upload flight plans from Foreflight to the Area 660 and track weather and traffic on Foreflight in flight if I so desire. Thanks again:D

Screen%20Shot%202017-06-10%20at%207.23.19%20PM_zpslubzolf3.jpg

The Area 660 also sends out a bluetooth signal. On your iPad or iPhone Setting/Bluetooth select the 660 then in Foreflight under settings/device select the 660 Connext and then you can upload a flight plan.;)
See page 27 in the Area 660 pilot guide.
John

Back