VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 11-14-2018, 07:59 AM

Default Pitch servo mount angle dimensions

I'm ready to fabricate the pitch servo mount angles from 1x1x0.125 angle stock.

If anyone has those angles (perhaps not yet installed) please confirm these dimensions (extrapolated from 3.5" servo mount holes dimension and 3.8" dimension on drawing). Mainly overall length and bellcrank hole to servo hole distance (0.75").

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pi...bduz2Wh9uKxOk_

(No, I don't have servo, I just want to replace existing angles before I rivet on the rear top fuselage skin. Haven't decided on Dynon, Garmin or ... yet.)

Finn
Old 11-14-2018, 10:16 AM

Default pitch servo bracket

You might consider buying the Dynon kit - it comes with the angle. At a min, I recommend checking their documentation. If the angle is longer, it's not a problem, you just have to make the rod longer.
Old 11-14-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv8ch View Post
You might consider buying the Dynon kit - it comes with the angle. At a min, I recommend checking their documentation. If the angle is longer, it's not a problem, you just have to make the rod longer.
I already have the rodend bearings, rod, bolts, washers, etc. so not buying the kit.

I want to drill the servo attach holes before I install the angles, so when/if I get the servo I can just bolt it in place.

Finn
Old 12-10-2018, 07:13 AM

Default Reply from Dynon

Reply from Dynon confirms the 0.75" distance between 1/4" pivot bolt hole and closest 3/16" servo mount hole.

Overall length 7.5".

Finn
Old 12-10-2018, 09:36 AM

Finn,

Servo plans call for using stock 1 X 1 angle. This can challenge edge distance for the lower angle where its riveted to the angle on the lower floor ribs. I used 1 x 1 1/2 angle when I retrofitted a servo in my -4. The larger angle goes on the bottom and simplifies installation. Id be happy to send pix if you email or PM.

Cheers,

Vac
Old 12-10-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vac View Post
Finn,

Servo plans call for using stock 1 X 1 angle. This can challenge edge distance for the lower angle where its riveted to the angle on the lower floor ribs. I used 1 x 1 1/2 angle when I retrofitted a servo in my -4. The larger angle goes on the bottom and simplifies installation. Id be happy to send pix if you email or PM.

Cheers,

Vac
Thanks Vac,

but too late. I already manufactured it and riveted it in place of the original angles. I was able to duplicate the holes in the old angles using paper templates.

But you are right. 1x1.5 certainly would make it easier to drill to floor rib angles.

Finn