What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder Cable Guides

jswareiv

Well Known Member
If you are working on the tail section, you get 4 rudder cable guides, the small skinny ones, page 10-21, F-01497B. Sometimes when you separate parts, you end up with a couple extra parts that you are not going to use. This is not the case here, you will use the other two guides up front. They send you the bigger set with the fuselage, but you need to use those from the tail kit. They are really small and will get lost, put them somewhere where you can find them when the time comes to install in the front and you won't spend hours looking for them, then give up and have to order them from Van's.:mad:

Actually had to look them up yesterday. Got lucky and found them in two minutes. Had all the extra and remaining parts in a tray for each kit. I think two of the part B are not used unless something else shows up later in the build.

My rudder cables came with plastic sleeves about 8 inches long on them. I am not sure where those get located and page 10-21 doesn't show them. I am ready to rivet in the plastic guides on the side skins and don't want those sleeves to be stranded in the wrong place. Do they go inside or outside. None of my photos of the prototype shows them exposed so I suppose they go inside somewhere.

My rudder cables came with plastic sleeves about 8 inches long on them. I am not sure where those get located and page 10-21 doesn't show them. I am ready to rivet in the plastic guides on the side skins and don't want those sleeves to be stranded in the wrong place. Do they go inside or outside. None of my photos of the prototype shows them exposed so I suppose they go inside somewhere.

They go in the forward fuselage section where the cables go through the spar web. Get them inside the tail cone and you will be fine when the time comes.

Back