VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 02-10-2019, 04:36 AM

Come to Queensland..You fellas!...I get frostbite ..just looking at those photos!!...
Old 02-10-2019, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbauer View Post

Once again, Thank You for the wiring job!

Best regards,
Mike Bauer
Mike, my pleasure!

Wear that shirt that I bought you on the trip also!

CJ
Old 02-10-2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbauer View Post
Oh, the hangar will be $1000 for one month plus utilities....At my pay scale that will be 50+ hours of work.
You're going to do all that in a month?
Old 02-10-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
You're going to do all that in a month?
Well, this is my plan:

Strip everything down for condition inspection. Will install heat muff for cabin during final stages of inspection, just need to hook up scat hose after muff installed.

After Inspection complete:

Strip wax, degrease before paint application. First layer is white. Allow two days to dry before doing colors on top.

While white paint is drying, install aux fuel tank plumbing.

While color paint drying: Transponder change, install Tru-Track ADI 2. Plan ten days for painting completion.

Taking a week of vacation time to work full days for the inspection/initial painting.

After that will be messing around with the side projects:
1) RV Jack testing (takes 20-minutes to make one jack)
2) Water Barrier underneath tip up canopy: sewing on it this weekend, should be done by Tuesday night. Installing with snaps on the engine side of the panel, Velcro will work for top of panel over gauge faces, covering radios and instruments.
3) Kangaroo pouches for back of seats and one for the passenger side wall
4) Passenger floor bag that is secured-it will hold some of the heavier cargo items to move CG forward (with full survival gear in cargo area-only two trim lights left before aft CG issues).

These side projects will be done before the end of Feb. Have dimensions, waiting on some ordered waterproof pack-cloth to make the bags with. Just a simple matter of installing them once they are done. If outside weather improves, might do the install before getting the hangar.

Using Tony Bingelis guide for making the tank: https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/aircraft-...inum-fuel-tank

Already ordered fittings for the aux fuel tank. Tomorrow during my lunch hour, will purchase all of the aluminum plate needed. The tank should be completed by next weekend.

I will do a thread on this build. Just finished the ACAD drawing for the tank giving me patterns to build a cardboard model to verify fit, that will be completed later to today = Print cut and glue.

MIG welding the tank together here at home, once done will need to install plumbing into the RV.

Most of the side projects will be done here at the house, just need to install once done.

Yes, I'm busy until the end of March.

Best regards,
Mike Bauer
UTC -09:00 Alaska

Last edited by mbauer : 02-10-2019 at 03:56 PM.