VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 03-26-2014, 09:49 AM

Default Explore Maryland by Air

I'm finishing up the Virginia Aviation Ambassador program and I see where a few other states have a similar program - Maryland being the closest. I signed up for a 'Passport' approximately a month ago and have not received it. Weekly phone messages to the person and number on the website go unanswered.

Does anyone know if the Passports are available at local airports, too? Here in VA every public use airport has them, so getting started is easy. Just curious.
RV-9A 702DA (reserved) Finish Kit IOX-340
www.propjock.com
Old 03-26-2014, 04:52 PM

Not sure. Ginger and I received our packets by mail, but it was 2012 or 2013. We finished Virginia last May (#338 and #339) at the Virginia Fly-In. Randy told us then that South Carolina had just started a program. We finished it in November and received our jackets at the February conference (#4 and #5, I think). We have started North Carolina, but are a long ways from completing it. We have yet to start Maryland. There is a guy in Maryland that has finished Maryland, Virginia and Sourh Carolina. A couple in Virginia that finished just before us were not even pilots. The Ambassador Programs are great ideas. The two most expensive jackets I own! Have fun!

RV7
Empennage and wings need tips
Fuselage kit "finished" (for the moment)
Finish kit and FWF in progress
Hartzell CS
Aerosport Power IO-360, Dual Pmags, AFP FM200 FI

C-172 at KCRG (sold)
C-150 at 7FL4 (sold)

www.mykitlog.com/cakelley
www.1379.eaachapter.org
Old 03-27-2014, 09:31 AM

check your PM's
Old 01-29-2019, 05:20 PM

I received the passport booklet and program instructions last year. If not the program I am not sure I would ever visit certain airports. Let the fun begin!

Не имей сто рублей, а имей сто друзей.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:02 PM

It took several months to receive the MD passport booklet. I had ordered it through their website.

I also have the Va., NC, and SC booklets.
flying
Old 01-29-2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelf View Post
It took several months to receive the MD passport booklet. I had ordered it through their website.

I also have the Va., NC, and SC booklets.
Noel do you have a ND booklet? It looks like the only RVator listed on Gold Level is Jay Pratt.

Old 01-30-2019, 03:06 AM

Vlad, no, I do not have the ND book. I remember we talked about it last year over lunch in NJ but I just don't think I will ever get up there.

And just FYI, we relocated the Cessna 150 from South Jersey to Saint Mary's in MD and as such I will not likely make it back to your neighborhood. I still have the RV in NC.
flying
Old 01-30-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
I'm finishing up the Virginia Aviation Ambassador program and I see where a few other states have a similar program - Maryland being the closest. I signed up for a 'Passport' approximately a month ago and have not received it. Weekly phone messages to the person and number on the website go unanswered.

Does anyone know if the Passports are available at local airports, too? Here in VA every public use airport has them, so getting started is easy. Just curious.
Have a link to the program Don?
Old 01-30-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV12JT View Post
Have a link to the program Don?
I completed the program recently there is some info here http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...ion+ambassador

Old 05-12-2019, 09:55 AM

Smile Lots of cool places in MD to visit

Garrett County 2G3 is the highest airport elevation in Maryland. Very cool runway you see only half of it when you land. They do have their annual fly-in sometime in the summer.

Greater Cumberland KCBE sits in a picturesque Appalachian valley. It's under extensive renovation. There is only one way to the terminal you have to back taxi an intersecting runway.

Down below, a quarter mile threshold-to-threshold stretches a pretty grass runway of Mexico Farms 1W3. Interesting traffic patterns at both airports well thought of. If you are coming during rainy season use only the second third of the runway. Both other thirds are very soft. Do not use the training wheel if you are coming in an A model. Airport stamp is located in the mailbox on the old Cumberland Hangar.