VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 02-04-2020, 06:35 PM

Default Oak Glen, CA

Attending a wedding in Oak Glen CA later this summer (June 26,2020) and looking for a recommendation of the nearest muni airport to fly into. Looks like Banning or Redlands are closest. Anyone have an opinion or suggestion?
Old 02-04-2020, 06:42 PM

Redlands (KREI) - A nice local airport.

San Bernardino (KSBD) - More services than Banning or Redlands. Only a few miles (< 5) further from Oak Glen.

Banning (KBNG) - Pretty much a ghost town these days, can be windy, sometimes the patter ranges from loanley to the wild wild west.

- larosta
Old 02-12-2020, 02:06 PM

Thanks for the input!
Old 02-12-2020, 09:42 PM

I fly into Banning a lot since my sister lives there. I like it. Yes, it's pretty desolate but the fuel prices are good and lots of ramp space to tie down....into the wind of course. Yes, it gets windy there. Sometimes really windy...but it's almost always down the runway one way or the other.

Luxivair at San Bernardino treated us great when we flew in several months ago. I really nice FBO with good service. A loong taxi from the 10K ft runway but kinda cool. KSBD is the old Norton Air Force Base. Big.