What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Using Bluetooth to capture cockpit audio with GoPro

pmillard

Anyone using Bluetooth to capture cockpit audio with a GoPro?

I've been using an old Hero 3 for making videos in the cockpit. For audio, I simply plugged the portable intercom output into the camera. Worked great but it was yet another wire cluttering up the cockpit.

Recently I upgraded to a Garmin GMA 345 Audio Panel with a built in intercom and Bluetooth. I now have no wired audio out to plug into the camera.

I see that Spruce sells a splitter cable that plugs into your headset which should do the trick but still...more wires.

I would like to be able to use the Bluetooth output from the audio panel and pair it with the camera. However, I don't believe GoPro has that capability.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks...Peter

Good question. I've never heard of using bluetooth for audio streams of any kind. Maybe it exists. I'll be interested to read if this is possible. I too have the cables to tap into the headset jack. It is a little gear intensive some times.

The Garmin virb does this perfectly, so I know the Garmin audio panel works like you are asking it to. Not sure about the GoPro though.

Back