What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Step Bushing from TWCTech

So far, so good

My tech counselor suggested I do whatever I can to prevent step problems and then prepare for their occurrence. That said, I installed access panels to the area (instead of just holes per the manual) as well as the TCW bushings. Prior to buying the bushings, I already noticed a wiggle in the left step. So, I bought the bushings and installed them. The wiggle disappeared and things were definitely more sturdy and robust. The install was fast and easy. I'm still building so I can't comment on their long term performance, but I'm glad I did what I can to prevent future problems.

...installed access panels to the area (instead of just holes per the manual) as well as the TCW bushings. ...

I also used the TCW bushing, up sized to a -4 bolt, and added access panels in the baggage floor (stall warning access hole kit used in the the wing) plus a hole just large enough for a socket in the bottom skin. Now I'll install my steps towards the end of the build. I'm sure there's more than one builder with scars on the shin to indicate why I thought this was a good idea. Just a data point...doesn't have to be done this way.

-Jim

P.S. Nope, no scars for me, but I heard about them...and knowing me in the shop...

Back